Welcome to My sweet savings!
Hi there! I am so glad to have you here at My Sweet Savings! I hope that this website will empower you to save more and spend less! We love to offer savings advice for the smart and savvy lifestyle, and hope that you will learn to save in every area of your family's budget so that you can splurge on those fun luxuries from time-to-time!
Help your children dive into their future dreams and goals with help from a Florida 529 Savings Plan! Use promo code SWEET529 and $50 will be contributed to your account. This post is sponsored by Florida Prepaid College Savings Plans. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
When you stop to think about your child’s future education how does it make you feel? Are you nervous, anxious, excited? I would be lying if I told you that I wasn’t anxious about Drew heading off to college in just a few short years. I start thinking about all the “what-ifs” and wonder, “Are we ready for the future?” “Are we financially prepared for this huge investment into our son’s life?” I am happy to tell you that the answer is YES! We feel empowered and in control with this decision thanks to help from Florida Prepaid College Plans.
Preparing for your child’s future education doesn’t have to be scary. What if I told you that with one small step you could open so many possibilities and happiness for your children? When you open a Florida 529 Savings Plan, you can rest assured in knowing that your child can have a debt-free future ahead of them. A Florida 529 Savings Plan is the easy and affordable way to save for college. I am also happy to tell you that the Florida 529 Savings Plan has been ranked as one of the nation’s top-10 performing 529 Savings Plans by savingforcollege.com! This fabulous news is sure to give you that “529 Feeling!”
I have some exciting news that will have you diving into the waves of summer! Through August 15, when you open a Florida 529 Savings Plan and use promo code SWEET529, Florida Prepaid will seed your account with $50 in free money! That is double the amount that they offered last year! This means that there really is no reason to hold off on planning and saving for the future.
My Top FIVE Top Reasons Why You Should Open a Florida 529 Savings Plan:
- The Florida 529 Savings Plan is a low fee and tax-free way to save for college. Unlike a savings account or mutual fund that is going to get hit with income taxes, your contributions toward your 529 Savings Plan will earn interest and will not be taxed when the money is taken out to pay for college or other qualified education. Investment earnings are not taxed if they are used for these expenses, including tuition, fees, room, board, books, and supplies.
- The Florida 529 Savings plan is by Florida, for Florida. While you may use this plan at any institution (even outside of Florida), the Plan is only for Florida residents. Florida Prepaid makes saving for college easy and exclusive just for Florida families. This is yet another perk to living here in the Sunshine State!
- It is free and simple to sign up for a Florida 529 Savings Plan. Not only has Florida Prepaid made saving for college easy and simple, but they have redesigned their website so that it is user-friendly. This means that planning for your family’s savings goals is even easier than before! Florida Prepaid wants to ensure that every Florida family can save affordably for college. Be sure to use the Saving Tool on the website to see just how easy that you can watch your savings and investments grow! You can also choose from three investment paths. I would suggest that you pick the path that best suits your family: simple, intermediate, and advanced. The simple, or age-based portfolio is the most popular investment option and is fully managed. I love that Florida Prepaid handles all the details!
- The Florida 529 Savings Plan is very flexible! I don’t know about you, but flexibility while planning towards the future is a key factor in our family’s decision making. I love that this plan allows our family to save WHAT we can WHEN we can as our budget allows. Even the smallest amounts saved now can add up to so much possibility towards our kid’s futures! Did you know that just $25 a month can grow to nearly $9,000 over 18 years? Every amount really does add up to let you meet your savings goals.
- The Florida 529 Savings Plan can be used toward qualified K-12 expenses. Say what? Yes! Many people don’t realize that your Florida 529 Savings Plan can be used for up to $10,000 annually on qualifying K-12 expenses such as tuition and mandatory fees associated with enrollment or attendance at an elementary or secondary public, private, or religious schools.
Statistics have shown that children who have even a small amount of money saved toward their college education are 2.5 times more likely to graduate from college. What are you waiting for? Dive into savings and start planning for your children’s future this summer! Remember, you can get $50 for FREE contributed to your account when you sign up for a Florida 529 Savings Plan and use promo code SWEET529. You must HURRY though as this promo is only good through August 15!
(All posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see my disclosure policy)
As a Mom, we hope that we can do it all but when it comes to moving, the reality is that you can’t. While it might be extremely easy to think of all the things that could go wrong or already begin to daydream about what your new life in a new city will look like, you first need to figure out how you are going to get everyone and your belongings there in one peace. When it comes to moving, there are few hacks that can make it easier for you!
Image: 24/7 Logistic Services
1. Declutter It All – A simple way to help you stay on task, organized and ready to move is by decluttering what you won’t need for your move. Go through each room with a trash bag and put items in that you haven’t used, touched or seen in at least 6 months. Once that is done, donate your items to a local charity, church, neighbor or put it up on Facebook Market to see who you can help in need. This will also help the hassle of trying to pack everything and really just the items you want or need for your next move.
2. Color Coding– To stay organized with so many items, color coding is one of the best things you can do to look at things from a glance instead of writing on boxes. Pick a color that you want to use. For example, you could pick the color pink and designate all boxes that are pink to be the kitchen. Have a diagram to give the movers that has each room color coding so they know what color box to put in each room. An easy way to do this is with post it notes! Then when you get to the new house, tape that color post it note on each door to let the movers know what goes where!
3. Protect Glassware with clothes or dishtowels – If you have ever traveled with breakable items, you want to make sure they are well protected. One way to do so and by not having to spend a lot of money ( or waste a lot of newspapers ) is by using clothes to help you pack your glass valuables. Wrap your glassware in a sweatshirt or long t-shirts and place them gently in the box to protect them. If you don’t want to use your clothes, you can also use your dish towels as well! Especially when wrapping kitchenware, then it’s two products in one room!
4. Use A Toilet Paper Roll For Cords – If you have multiple cords for your computers, laptops, phone chargers and iPads, the worst thing you can do is try and throw them all together in a box and attempt to untangle them later. One way to help with this problem is by wrapping your cords up but then placing them in a toilet paper roll for safekeeping and for keeping your cords bending the correct way too.
5. Save Boxes From Past Online Orders- One way to help yourself save money on boxes and packing materials is saving any that you’ve received from any online orders. If you aren’t one to shop online, check any restaurants or liquor stores that have any free ones for you to use in the box. They usually just cut them down when they are done but several are wanting to get rid of them or put them to good use!
6. Call In The Professionals: Once the boxes, bags, and items are all packed away, color-coded and ready to go, call a professional to help you move them all into a truck. One company that can assist you with this is called 24/7 Logistic Services. The friendly staff can handle all of your belongings with ease. While many moving companies may charge high rates for sub-par services, they go above and beyond providing exceptional service and affordable rates for your move. Hiring these Hollywood, Florida long-distance movers are there to make it easier for you and your family. If you don’t want to do all the packing and unpacking yourself, they also offer not only a truck but boxes, tape, label and organize them within your home and then deliver them to your new location safely.
Some other suggestions include putting important documents in a safe space such as your purse or file cabinet that can be locked. To help you get rid of some items quickly, you can host a garage sale in your neighborhood which also can give you some extra cash to use. If possible, try not to move during peak times ( aka the summer ) for cost reasons as it can be extremely expensive to do so and many moving companies are in high demand. Whatever your choice of packing or hiring someone or family to help, the move will go as smooth as possible. Focus on the experience and your new journey together.