Welcome to My sweet savings!
Hi there! I am so glad to have you here at My Sweet Savings! I hope that this website will empower you to save more and spend less! We love to offer savings advice for the smart and savvy lifestyle, and hope that you will learn to save in every area of your family's budget so that you can splurge on those fun luxuries from time-to-time!
(All posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see my disclosure policy)
As a Mom, we hope that we can do it all but when it comes to moving, the reality is that you can’t. While it might be extremely easy to think of all the things that could go wrong or already begin to daydream about what your new life in a new city will look like, you first need to figure out how you are going to get everyone and your belongings there in one peace. When it comes to moving, there are few hacks that can make it easier for you!
Image: 24/7 Logistic Services
1. Declutter It All – A simple way to help you stay on task, organized and ready to move is by decluttering what you won’t need for your move. Go through each room with a trash bag and put items in that you haven’t used, touched or seen in at least 6 months. Once that is done, donate your items to a local charity, church, neighbor or put it up on Facebook Market to see who you can help in need. This will also help the hassle of trying to pack everything and really just the items you want or need for your next move.
2. Color Coding– To stay organized with so many items, color coding is one of the best things you can do to look at things from a glance instead of writing on boxes. Pick a color that you want to use. For example, you could pick the color pink and designate all boxes that are pink to be the kitchen. Have a diagram to give the movers that has each room color coding so they know what color box to put in each room. An easy way to do this is with post it notes! Then when you get to the new house, tape that color post it note on each door to let the movers know what goes where!
3. Protect Glassware with clothes or dishtowels – If you have ever traveled with breakable items, you want to make sure they are well protected. One way to do so and by not having to spend a lot of money ( or waste a lot of newspapers ) is by using clothes to help you pack your glass valuables. Wrap your glassware in a sweatshirt or long t-shirts and place them gently in the box to protect them. If you don’t want to use your clothes, you can also use your dish towels as well! Especially when wrapping kitchenware, then it’s two products in one room!
4. Use A Toilet Paper Roll For Cords – If you have multiple cords for your computers, laptops, phone chargers and iPads, the worst thing you can do is try and throw them all together in a box and attempt to untangle them later. One way to help with this problem is by wrapping your cords up but then placing them in a toilet paper roll for safekeeping and for keeping your cords bending the correct way too.
5. Save Boxes From Past Online Orders- One way to help yourself save money on boxes and packing materials is saving any that you’ve received from any online orders. If you aren’t one to shop online, check any restaurants or liquor stores that have any free ones for you to use in the box. They usually just cut them down when they are done but several are wanting to get rid of them or put them to good use!
6. Call In The Professionals: Once the boxes, bags, and items are all packed away, color-coded and ready to go, call a professional to help you move them all into a truck. One company that can assist you with this is called 24/7 Logistic Services. The friendly staff can handle all of your belongings with ease. While many moving companies may charge high rates for sub-par services, they go above and beyond providing exceptional service and affordable rates for your move. Hiring these Hollywood, Florida long-distance movers are there to make it easier for you and your family. If you don’t want to do all the packing and unpacking yourself, they also offer not only a truck but boxes, tape, label and organize them within your home and then deliver them to your new location safely.
Some other suggestions include putting important documents in a safe space such as your purse or file cabinet that can be locked. To help you get rid of some items quickly, you can host a garage sale in your neighborhood which also can give you some extra cash to use. If possible, try not to move during peak times ( aka the summer ) for cost reasons as it can be extremely expensive to do so and many moving companies are in high demand. Whatever your choice of packing or hiring someone or family to help, the move will go as smooth as possible. Focus on the experience and your new journey together.
This post is sponsored by Sivan Social. All comments and opinions are my own.
Is it me or does it seem like summer vacation goes faster and faster each year? I can hardly believe that the summer will soon be over and we will be in school mode once again. The end of summer vacation means that back to school shopping will soon be in full swing! We will be looking for the best deals to get our kids ready for the new year. When it comes to finding the best deals for back to school looks, I always turn to The Children’s Place. Whether your child wears a school uniform or they need a new school wardrobe, The Children’s Place has you covered. Not only do they have the best prices around, but I love that they offer Free Shipping on every purchase! You can also buy online and pick your order up in in the store. Both are great options, especially since many of us are so busy these days.
Through July 31, The Children’s Place is offering huge savings on clothing to help get the kids back to school ready! Graphic tees are priced starting at just $3.99 and basic jeans start at $7.99. If your kiddos wear a school uniform, I love that The Children’s Place offers multipacks that include multiples of each item so that you can get the most bang for your buck. For example, you can get a double pack of polo shirts for $10 or a two pack of shorts of pants for $20. I also noticed that you can get multipacks of three and five clothing items. This makes it super easy and affordable while planning that back to school wardrobe!
Here are several budget-friendly looks that I put together!
Girls Super Skinny Jeans, $11.99
Girls Two Pack Graphic Tees, $8.99
Boys Two Pack Basketball Shorts, $14.99
Boys Two Pack Muscle Tanks, $12.99
Boys Colorblock Hoodie Top, $11.97
If a new backpack is on the agenda for this coming school year, The Children’s Place is offering up to 40% off through July 21! They have backpacks for everyone on your list! I love that many of the backpack options come in sets so you get the backpack and lunch box all in one! This saves time and money on your back to school shopping! My youngest son Brady is into Minecraft, so this 2 two piece Minecraft set is what he chose. At $23.99 that is a great deal for both pieces!