(All posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see my disclosure policy)
Are you a pound cake lover? This recipe is super versatile and you can do so much with it! Substitute the Vanilla Extract for Almond or another flavor to give it a special flavor! You can also top it with Strawberries or a yummy glaze. You will not be disappointed I promise!
Recipe adapted from Julie Blanner
2 Sticks Softened Butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Milk
2 Tsp. Vanilla
- Grease a 1 lb. bread pan and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until it is light in color (around 3 minutes). Gradually incorporate sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend on low.
- Alternate adding flour and milk, add vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into bread pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. (It may take longer. I actually went for around 1 hour 30 minutes.)
- Allow to cool and top with glaze or fresh fruit.