(All posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see my disclosure policy)
One of my favorite appetizers that I turn to again and again when we dine out is Caprese Salad! There is something to be said for the ooey gooey mozarella paired with the sweet tomato, basil and balsamic glaze! Caprese Salad servings can sometimes be on the larger side, so wouldn’t it be fun to make them into small bites that you can pop into your mouth when you are having a party or social function?
This week the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are bringing you some delicious Fancy Appetizers that will be perfect for your next party or social function. A big thank you goes out to our amazing host Wendy of Wholistic Woman who helped to make this event happen!
This past Christmas Eve I was at my friend Charity’s house and we made these Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle that are to die for! They are the perfect taste of a Caprese Salad but in bite size. Shhh….don’t tell anyone, but I can down 5-6 of these in 1 sitting. Oh, and did I mention that they are guilt-free eating? How can you wrong with Basil, Tomato, Mozarella and Balsamic?
Not only are these Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle delicious, they are also super easy to make! You are sure to reach for this Fancy Appetizer again and again! People will think that you slaved over this fancy appetizer all day long, but you can whip it up in no time flat!
Mozzarella Balls (I found these in the specialty case at my local grocery store)
Balsamic Glaze (you can make your own, but I found the most delicious pre-made variety)
Salt/Pepper to Taste (optional)
Take the Cherry tomatoes and cut off the bottom to form a “foot” so that they can stand up on their own. Take a mozzarella ball and place on top of the tomato followed by a fresh basil leaf. After you have assembled the plate with all of the bites, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top. You may also sprinkle with salt and pepper if you prefer. Serve and enjoy!
Here are some more delicious Fancy Appetizers from my #SundaySupper Tastemaker friends for you to enjoy!
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.