If you are a die-hard Black Friday shopper, here are a few tips that you will want to remember:
1. Be prepared. Study the Black Friday ads and make a list of all the items that you are looking for. You can even research the layout of your store ahead of time to know exactly where to find items. In fact, stores like Target and Walmart have Store Maps right on their websites so you can see where all the Doorbuster and One Day only deals will be located. You can see my post on that HERE. By knowing where items are located you and your party can split up to go and grab the items on your list. Also, be sure to compare Black Friday ads for each store as you may be surprised to find that prices will vary.
2. Set a Budget. In the midst of all the bargains it is easy to get in a shopping frenzy. Designate a specific amount for each person on your list and don’t go over. This will keep your budget on track! One of the things that I like to do is use the envelope system. Designate an envelope with a set amount of money for each person on your list. You can also use this for gift receipts and the kiddos wish lists. This will really help to keep your budget right on track!
3. Crowds. Yes, there will be lots of people and crowds on Black Friday, so be prepared to stand in line for long periods of time. Be sure to dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes. It is helpful to shop with a buddy so they can stake a place in line while you shop and vice versa.
4. Price Match. Stores like Walmart will offer special price matching offers specifically for Black Friday so have your ads on hand and know the store’s price match policy. Also, Walmart and Target will now match prices from Amazon and several other online stores. The key here is to remember that Amazon prices will need to be current while you are at the store. You will have to show the price on your smartphone at the time of your purchase. You will not be able to price match from Third party sellers or Amazon Marketplace. I highly recommend that you know the store’s price matching policy ahead of time so that you are prepared!
5. Store Hours. Know the store hours for each store that you will be shopping at. Some stores will open Thanksgiving night while others will wait and open on Black Friday morning.
6. Email and Text Alerts. Sign up for email and text alerts to your favorite stores. Many times they will send out members-only coupons and offers.
7. Shop online. Many stores like Walmart, Kohl’s and Target have been offering Black Friday pricing online. This allows you to get many of the same bargains online that you would find in the store. Shopping at home in your jammies has never been more fun!
8. Gift Receipts & Return Policies. Be sure to know the return policy at your favorite store. While many stores extend their Return Policy through January, some stores will be very strict on this. It is also important to get a gift receipt. This will make returning items so much easier.
The most important thing about Black Friday shopping…..HAVE FUN! This is a great time to go out with your family and friends and have a great time! AND, don’t forget your favorite cup of coffee along the way!