This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you, but as soon as Florida strawberry season is here, I can’t help but do a little strawberry dance! These red gems of juicy goodness are the perfect portable bite and they can be eaten anytime anyplace. Just wash and eat!
You may not know this, but Florida strawberries are actually harvested in the winter. Yep, it is true! These beauties are available from November through April so we can enjoy them regardless of the weather outside!
If you don’t see Florida strawberries carried at your local grocery store, be sure to ask your produce or store manager. You will be glad you did. There is nothing like a Florida strawberry!
Not only are Florida strawberries delicious, they are also packed full of nutritional benefits. Strawberries are virtually fat free, have no cholesterol, and did you know that just 8 medium strawberries contain more Vitamin C than one orange? Click here for more nutritional info.
When I bought my first pound of Florida strawberries this year I was torn what to do with them. They were so sweet! I made a few smoothies, dipped some in chocolate and of course just ate them by themselves! I knew that I wanted to create an extra special treat with these beauties so I decided to make Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle. This is such a fun and easy recipe and a great use of strawberries! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner these would be the perfect nutrient-packed treat that anyone is sure to love!
Strawberry Pound Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle
Pound cake cut into small cubes. I made my own, but you can use store bought as well.
Florida Strawberries washed and cut into half-sized pieces
Kabob or skewer sticks
Place a piece of strawberry on a skewer, then a cube of pound cake. Alternate back and forth until you have done this several times per each skewer.
Melt your favorite chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the finished skewers.
Serve and enjoy! You won’t be able to eat just one! The juice from the Florida strawberries mixed with the pound cake and chocolate is oh-so amazing!
Additionally, you can enter the #FLStrawberryCapContest for your own Strawberry Cap and you could win a Florida getaway with your family at the gorgeous Trade Winds Islands Resorts on St. Pete Beach! How much fun would that be? You can see all of the details to the contest HERE.
Need more Florida winter strawberry inspiration? Visit Strawberry Sue or follow Strawberry Sue on You Tube or Twitter. Florida Strawberry can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +and Pinterest.
What is your favorite way to use Florida Strawberries? I would love to hear!
- Balsamic & Brown Sugar Strawberry Canapés by My Sweet Zepol
- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Foccaccio by Healing Tomato
- Strawberry Avocado Crostini by Beauty and the Beets
- Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips by Meghan On The Move
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic and Mint by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Strawberry Sauce by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Katie’s Cucina
- Strawberry Pesto Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Family Around The Table
- Lightened-Up Strawberry Mille-Feuille by Girl Abroad
- Roasted Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberries Romanoff by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.